- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to write with clarity and persuasiveness.
- Responsive and highly organized.
- Ability to work proactively and solve problems independently.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from parents, board members, donors, etc.
- Process and acknowledge gifts and assist in the cultivation of new donors
- Manage fund development database (Bloomerang) and augment/maintain as necessary
- Generate monthly and ad hoc fund development reports as needed, and provide direct support to the Fund Development Committee of the Governing Board
- Assist with grant proposals and reports as needed
- Maintain inventory of marketing materials
- Support outreach efforts and coordinate advancement opportunities for the school
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for events, including invitations, tracking
- RSVPs, answering guest questions, setting up name tags, sign-in sheets, and informational tables, coordinating food/beverages, and providing other support during the event
- Support the execution of the school’s communications strategy by compiling information and centralizing it for appropriate channels
- Support/coordinate the school’s social media platforms and digital communications
- Proofread and edit drafts for accuracy, appropriateness and unified voice
Governing Board Support
- Support members of the Governing Board by coordinating meetings, drafting agendas, tracking training requirements
- Support the onboarding and ongoing support of board members
Approach to the role:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, administration, parents, community members and others to support and implement the vision and goals of the school;
- Work effectively with a diverse population of colleagues, students and families;
- Attend and participate in all faculty and school related meetings;
- Work flexible hours as needed to complete professional responsibility;
- Handle additional duties which may be assigned by administration.
Education & Experience
A combination of relevant experience, education and demonstrated proficiency is required. Fundraising experience is a plus.
Commensurate with experience & education.