- Interpret accounting statements and financial reports regulatory, business correspondence, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures such as employee benefit rates, interpret revenue projections and manage financial information.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet software and the ability to master required platforms.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, staff and outside personnel.
- Perform duties with awareness of all district requirements.
- Supports the Executive Director in the development, adoption, implementation and management of the school’s annual budget.
- Works with department heads to support sound budget management.
- Supports/tracks the school’s compliance with Atlanta Public Schools, Georgia Department of Education, Governor’s Office of Student Achievement, US Department of Education, and all other relevant legal and regulatory requirements and reporting schedules.
- Reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Supports/tracks the employee evaluation process schoolwide.
- Supports the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants.
- Manages personnel records, including teaching certifications, tenure, and other relevant licenses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages central purchasing process and tracks departmental/divisional approvals of purchase requisitions
- New hire set-up
- Change requests
- Personnel file maintenance
- Bulk order processing
- Purchase allocation
Approach to the role:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, administration, parents, community members and others to support and implement the vision and goals of the school;
- Work effectively with a diverse population of colleagues, students and families;
- Attend and participate in all faculty and school related meetings;
- Work flexible hours as needed to complete professional responsibility;
- Handle additional duties which may be assigned by administration.
Education & Experience
A combination of relevant experience, education and demonstrated proficiency is required. Experience in the Atlanta Public Schools system – particularly a charter school – is a plus.
Commensurate with experience & education.