Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School works to engage the whole child – intellectually, socially-emotionally and physically. As such, academic growth is always a critical focus area at every grade level. The new Dean of Academic Growth will coordinate the various ways our school supports student achievement outside of and in addition to the general education classroom environment. This is a K-8 administrative level position that includes the responsibility of serving on the school’s K-8 leadership team, a team that includes the Principals and Assistant Principals at our elementary and middle school campuses, as well as our Executive Director.
This position is focused on maximizing/optimizing resources dedicated to academic growth with a focus on measurable results and ensures that we are collecting, managing and using academic data in the most productive way possible.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Leverage existing curriculum and pedagogy to support consistent growth among students at all levels of academic achievement
- Support the gathering, interpretation and application of student data to be used to inform differentiation and personalized instruction
- Effective leadership and coordination of the special education (referred to internally as exceptional student services) faculty, programs, and resources
- Ensure charter compliance with all applicable laws, including the full time equivalent funding allocation system and all related processes
- Ensure the completion of all school, district, and state administrative and reporting requirements in a timely manner and in accordance with all applicable regulations
- Facilitate an environment of growth and acceptance for students with disabilities
- Track and diagnose achievement gaps among subgroups of students, and facilitate collaborative efforts to resolve said gaps
- Track the efficacy of programs that are designed to close achievement gaps, remediate deficiencies, accelerate learning or otherwise encite academic growth
- Contributes to the evaluation of special education teachers and staff
- Manage and supervise the following positions:
- Student Success Team Coordinator
- School Psychologist
- Elementary Campus Exceptional Student Services Department Chair
- Middle Campus Exceptional Student Services Department Chair
- Serve on the K-8 leadership team
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong training and experience in education
- An in depth understanding of the body of laws and regulations impacting public special education
- An understanding of the intersection between the school’s diversity, equity and inclusion work and the focus on school wide academic growth
- An ability to work effectively with a diverse population of colleagues, students and families
- An ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, administration, parents, community members and others to support and implement the vision and goals of the school
Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School will pay a competitive salary based on education and experience.
The mission of our school is to:
- Build an empowered and inclusive community of students, parents, and educators
- Engage the whole child—intellectually, social-emotionally, and physically
- Help all students to know themselves and to be known well by their community
- Challenge each student to take an active role as an informed citizen in a global society
- Collaborate with the larger community to advocate for student-centered schools
We are committed to strengthening and preserving diversity, fostering an environment of equity and ensuring that we are as inclusive as we can possibly be.