Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School works to build an empowered and inclusive community of students, parents, and educators. A childcare program that offers students a safe and engaging environment after school is an integral part of that work. Our AfterCare employees are the core of that program, and are responsible for upholding our school family’s same positive and supportive culture after the school day.
This position reports directly to the Campus Director of AfterCare.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a working knowledge of the school’s approach to learning and discipline, including Conscious Discipline, our Guiding Principles and the five elements of our mission
- Assist students with homework assignments
- Create and/or assist with daily activities for a diverse group of students that engage the whole child
- Closely monitor and supervise students; establish and maintain a positive, safe environment
- Effectively communicate and collaborate and coordinate with teachers, staff and AfterCare administrators
- Other duties as assigned
Positions are open to cover the following shifts:
- 2:30pm – 6:15pm: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- 1:30pm – 6:15pm: Wednesday
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- High levels of competency in working with elementary school-aged students
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with diverse groups of students, teachers, and families
Completion of a teacher preparation program and/or degree in education or related field and/or Georgia teacher certification preferred
Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School will pay a competitive, livable hourly wage.
The mission of our school is to:
- Build an empowered and inclusive community of students, parents, and educators
- Engage the whole child—intellectually, social-emotionally, and physically
- Help all students to know themselves and to be known well by their community
- Challenge each student to take an active role as an informed citizen in a global society Collaborate with the larger community to advocate for student-centered schools
We are committed to strengthening and preserving diversity, fostering an environment of equity and ensuring that we are as inclusive as we can possibly be.