The Elementary Campus Front Desk Receptionist (Part-Time) is responsible for managing the front desk from Monday-Wednesday and performing a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The position involves the following primary responsibilities:
Communication and Customer Service
- Model and project a professional and positive image in all interactions.
- Ensure that all phone calls are answered promptly and that information is provided and requested in a courteous manner. Ensure that staff members answering phones are properly trained to ensure a high level of customer service. Check voicemail several times a day. All calls are expected to be returned on the same day when possible (and never longer than 24 hours). Treat calls from inquiring families as a top priority and ensure they are contacted as soon as possible.
- Ensure that messages are promptly delivered to staff members when applicable.
- Handle requests/complaints promptly and with a high level of customer service when they are within the front desk scope. Inform the Executive Director/Principal/Assistant Principal or appropriate faculty/staff of the requests/concerns immediately if additional guidance is needed.
- Obtain necessary approval and guidance from the Executive Director/Principal/Assistant
- Principal to draft, coordinate and distribute correspondence, memoranda, and information to families and staff.
- Respond to staff, families and children with sensitivity, interest and respect.
- Inform faculty and staff when their packages & deliveries arrive.
- Recognize staff birthdays and various other life events.
- Administer first aid and medications to students according to school standards and student schedules when the school nurse is not available.
- Inventory, organize and maintain supply, storage closets, and common work areas.
- Support with school-wide events and testing.
- Provide administrative assistance and additional professional support as needed
- Participate in staff professional development as well as ongoing staff meetings and development opportunities when appropriate.
- Support with calling subs in the morning when they are needed.
- Ensure building safety by ensuring all visitors to the main office have visible badges or passes
- Support with managing visitors, student lateness or early dismissal, including collecting students’ computers.
- Enter student attendance into Infinite Campus and run reports for absences & tardies for guidance counselor
- Work with kitchen staff when tardy students arrive to ensure they receive school lunch
- Collaborate with Facilities/Custodial personnel on school building needs.
- Manage the front desk, answer phones, and manage mail.
- Sort mail and deliveries, maintain the professional appearance of the front desk.
- Coordinate field trips, including booking buses
- Support a smooth and safe arrival and dismissal process.
- Order supplies and materials needed to support the successful operation of the campus.
- Order Classroom supplies for faculty and staff
- Order teacher gifts for Room Parents
- Maintain all necessary records and files.
Directly to Elementary Campus Principal
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required;
Qualifications and Experience:
The experience and qualifications preferred for this position include:
- Experience with working with elementary school-age students
- Knowledge of integrated and experiential learning
- Ability to collaborate well with others
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with diverse groups of students, teachers, and families
- Familiarity with constructivism
Commensurate with education and experience
The mission of our school is to:
- Build an empowered and inclusive community of students, parents, and educators
- Engage the whole child—intellectually, social-emotionally, and physically
- Help all students to know themselves and to be known well by their community
- Challenge each student to take an active role as an informed citizen in a global society
- Collaborate with the larger community to advocate for student-centered schools
We are committed to strengthening and preserving diversity, fostering an environment of equity and ensuring that we are as inclusive as we can possibly be.