The Technology Manager should proactively ensure that the school has the optimal array of IT equipment and systems to support learning, and empower others to be effective partners in that effort.
The vision of Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School is to be a dynamic learning community where students become lifelong learners. The Elementary Campus Technology Manager position is critical to the maintenance and improvement of a learning environment that supports our focus on the whole child.
This position reports to the Principal, Elementary Campus and the Executive Director.
Technology Administrator Support
- Manages the assigned campus phone system
- Administers email addresses and systems for the campus
- Creates, manages and maintains all relevant databases
- Leads the procurement, set-up and installation of all technology equipment including computers, printers and other peripherals
- Manages and maintains campus networks, systems and supporting equipment with a focus on security, including user access and firewall access
- Proactively protects the school against cyber threats and responds appropriately in the event of a security breach
- Collaborates with school leadership, faculty/staff to evaluate and develop the school’s technology resources to support a student-centered learning environment
- Collaborates with faculty/staff to develop and implement short and long range planning for the school’s technology program
- Collaborates with school leadership, faculty/staff to develop and implement policies and procedures for the school’s technology program in a way consistent with the school’s philosophy, objectives and individual student learning styles
- Develops the technology budget in collaboration with school leadership, faculty/staff
- Routinely assesses the school’s technology (equipment, networks, software, etc.) for effectiveness, relevance and optimal support of the student-centered learning environment
- Assists the Testing Coordinators in ensuring the appropriate hardware and software for all school assessment needs
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience in or the ability to adapt to managing technology for an educational institution
- Ample training, education and/or certifications in relevant areas of skill
- An ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate with educators in the procurement and management of technology
- A proactive and positive approach to the job requirements
- An understanding of the importance of the school’s diversity, equity and inclusion work
- An ability to work effectively with a diverse population of colleagues, students and families
- An ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, administration, parents, community members and others to support and implement the vision and goals of the school
Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School will pay a competitive salary based on education and experience.
The mission of our school is to:
- Build an empowered and inclusive community of students, parents, and educators
- Engage the whole child—intellectually, social-emotionally, and physically
- Help all students to know themselves and to be known well by their community
- Challenge each student to take an active role as an informed citizen in a global society
- Collaborate with the larger community to advocate for student-centered schools
We are committed to strengthening and preserving diversity, fostering an environment of equity and ensuring that we are as inclusive as we can possibly be.