Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School (ANCS) is proud to provide children the needed access to healthful foods and opportunities to be physically active in order to grow, learn, and thrive. Good health fosters student attendance, a student’s ability to learn effectively and to achieve high standards in school. We are looking for a full-time School Nutrition Associate who will be responsible for performing a variety of job functions essential to the successful operation of the nutrition department.
The position of School Nutrition Associate at the Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School (ANCS) involves the following primary responsibilities:
- Commit to learning and assisting Nutrition Director in implementing nutrition program goals to support student achievement
- Assist Nutrition Director with general kitchen responsibilities, such as preparing recipes, serving on hot line, prepping salad bar, updating student accounts, kitchen and cafe cleanliness & organization, recordkeeping, and communication with student & ANCS staff
- Engage in continuous and germane professional development; such as Serve Safe Certification.
- Manage the daily operations and related responsibilities of assigned position
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, administration, parents, community members and others to support and implement the vision and goals of the school
- Work effectively with a diverse population of colleagues, students and families
- Attend and participate in all mandatory meetings
- Work an eight hour day to complete professional responsibility
- Handle additional duties which may be assigned by Nutrition Director
Directly to Nutrition Director
Qualifications and Experience:
The experience and qualifications preferred for this position include:
- Prior experience working in commercial food service
- Prior experience with customer service or client interaction
Commensurate with education and experience
The mission of the Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School (ANCS) is to:
- BUILD an empowered and inclusive community of students, parents, and educators
- ENGAGE the whole child—intellectually, social-emotionally, and physically
- HELP all students to know themselves and to be known well by their community
- CHALLENGE each student to take an active role as an informed citizen in a global society
- COLLABORATE with the larger community to advocate for student-centered schools
We are committed to strengthening and preserving diversity, fostering an environment of equity and ensuring that we are as inclusive as we can possibly be.