Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School works to build an empowered and inclusive community of students, parents, and educators. As such, an inclusive approach to academic attainment is always a critical focus area at every grade level. Assessing the exceptional needs of our students is important to ensure that the needs of all students are appropriately met. The school feels that it is important that someone familiar with our pedagogy and curricula administer such assessments. As such, we are seeking a part-time School Psychologist.
The position reports directly to the Dean of Academic Growth, and is part of a department that includes the special education leads for the elementary and middle campuses, the K-8 504 Coordinator, and the Multi-Tiered Support System of Support Coordinator.
- Roles and responsibilities:
- Administer appropriate psychoeducational assessments and evaluations of students
- Analyze and synthesize data from evaluations into written reports and include diagnostic decisions and recommendations
- Participate in SST, IST, and/or IEP meetings as appropriate and requested
- Consult with students, faculty/staff, and parents as appropriate to provide recommendations for implementation of general prescriptive strategies for students
- Participate in support services team meetings with other support services staff, such as Principal/Assistant Principal, counselors, SST coordinator, and special education teachers
- Attend district trainings as required
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, administration, parents, community members and others to support and implement the vision and goals of the school
- Work effectively with a diverse population of colleagues, students and families
Attend and participate in all faculty and school related meetings
- Work an eight hour day including flexible hours as needed to complete professional responsibility
- Handle additional duties that may be assigned by administration.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong training and experience in education and special education assessment
- Advanced organizational, time management and communication skills
- An in depth understanding of the body of laws and regulations impacting special education and multi-tiered support systems
- An ability to analyze, interpret, and present data to a variety of constituencies
- An understanding of the intersection between the school’s diversity, equity and inclusion work and the focus on school wide academic growth
- An ability to work effectively with a diverse population of colleagues, students and families
- An ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, administration, parents, community members and others to support and implement the vision and goals of the school
Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School will pay a competitive salary based on education and experience.
The mission of our school is to:
- Build an empowered and inclusive community of students, parents, and educators
- Engage the whole child—intellectually, social-emotionally, and physically
- Help all students to know themselves and to be known well by their community
- Challenge each student to take an active role as an informed citizen in a global society
- Collaborate with the larger community to advocate for student-centered schools
We are committed to strengthening and preserving diversity, fostering an environment of equity and ensuring that we are as inclusive as we can possibly be.
This is a part-time position.