I hope all of you find time to rest, relax, and rejuvenate over the Winter holiday. With the end of the semester only minutes away, I want to take this opportunity to share some of our many accomplishments from the first semester, as well as our priorities for the second semester:
- We have continued and enhanced our partnerships with Zoo Atlanta, the Alliance Theater, EF Tours, and Charm to provide students with additional educational experiences outside the classroom.
- Our PTCA Task Force made a recommendation to restructure the PTCA and find additional ways for parents to become involved in our school community. The PTCA will return next semester as it prepares for the 24-25 school year.
- Our Elementary Campus continues to maintain the highest attendance of all elementary schools in APS for the fourth straight month.
- We are actively engaged in creating our strategic plan and are on target to have a plan completed by April. Thanks to all of you who have completed our survey and plan to attend one of our scheduled focus groups next semester.
- Our business office conducted a comprehensive salary study to ensure that our teachers and staff are receiving a competitive compensation package and will roll out a plan with our staff next semester.
- We secured funds to install new locks on all of our internal doors. These locks are up to date with the latest safety features and will be installed in February.
- We purchased a wheelchair lift for the MC to ensure equitable access throughout our building.
- Our MC volleyball team won the MACAL league title, while our MC Cross Country team won the middle school State championship.
- We welcomed a record number of guests for Grandparents and Special Friends Day, with over 600 guests.
- We increased our literacy rate by 14 and 7 points, respectively, at both campuses as per the most recent CCRPI data that came out yesterday.
Next semester, I’m confident that our teachers and staff will continue all of the great work that has happened in these first few months. We will shift our focus to teacher and student recruitment , completing and finalizing our strategic plan, and continuing to foster community for all of our students, parents, and partners. We will continue to be a shining example of the power of community and the difference it can make in the lives of children and adults.
Wishing you all the best as we head into the new year,