Dear ANCS Elementary Families,
Happy New Year to you all! I trust that you had a safe and joyous break. It has been great easing into the new year over the past few days here at school. Everyone got back into the routine of school quickly and there were lots of smiles as the kiddos saw their friends again.
As we move into this second half of the school year, I would like to send a quick reminder about dismissal time. Dismissal is one of our busiest transition times, as we are moving all 396 students to various dismissal locations within a 15 minute window of time. We need everyone working together to make this time a safe and orderly one. Please take some time to read over the following procedures and reach out if you have any questions.
- Dismissal begins at 2:40 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and at 1:30 on Wednesdays.
- Dismissal is over at 2:55 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and at 1:45 on Wednesdays. Please be on time to pick your child up from school.
- All students who have not been dismissed by the end of the dismissal window will be sent to our after school program and will need to be signed out of after school by their parent/guardian.
- If you are picking up your child from car riders, please have your dismissal number visible in the car window. Please refrain from blocking streets and driveways and do your best to keep the line moving.
- If you are picking up your from the front yard as a walker, have your dismissal number ready to provide to the employee calling numbers and please do not block the sidewalks so children can easily navigate crossing the front yard.
- Once you have your student(s) with you, keep them with you. For safety reasons and to ensure that all of our students are accounted for each day, please do not let your child run around the front yard.
Thank you in advance for helping us keep our dismissal safe. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
I am wishing you well,