EC Principal Letter
Dear ANCS Elementary Families,
We are all enjoying Faculty & Staff Appreciation Week this week. Many thanks to our PTCA who has been providing treats for the faculty and staff all week, as well as a raffle each morning during our morning meeting. Teachers (and all school employees) love hearing positive feedback. This would be the perfect week for you to send a quick note to your child’s teachers letting them know how much you appreciate all they do each day.
I want to give a huge shout out to Jacob Dewey, Middle Campus drama teacher, and the cast and crew of Annie Jr., along with all the volunteers who made each performance possible. The musical was a huge success and our students are very proud of themselves, as they should be. The collaboration across our two campuses was so great to see, too. Annie Jr. left all of us feeling happy and positive.
Once we return from spring break, we will have a busy 7 weeks of school left. We have a lot of things going on, so please make sure you continue to read communication from the school. This time is going to fly by! Here are just some of the scheduled events.
- April 17th – The spring MAP window opens and runs through April 28th.
- April 22nd – ANCS Wonderball at the Middle Campus
- April 24th – The library is hosting the spring book fair!
- April 26th – Family Reading Night from 5:30-7:30
- April 28th – Book Character Parade from 1:30-2:15. Everyone is invited to come cheer on our students as we celebrate reading together. More details coming soon.
- April 29th – Kindergarten round up for incoming kindergarteners.
- May 1st – May 16th – Milestones testing window for 3rd, 4th & 5th graders.
- May 6th – Run With The Wolves 5K at the middle campus.
- May 22nd – K-5 Field Day!
Also, beginning May 19th, classes will begin celebrating their learning with portfolio shares. You will receive more information from your child’s teachers as those dates get closer.
So, you can see that our spring will be busy! Please help us by ensuring your child continues to come to school on time each day and well rested. We appreciate your partnership!
As always, I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Have a wonderful remainder of your week.
Wishing you well,