Dear ANCS Families and Friends,
I can’t believe we are in the middle of our last week of school! It has been a wonderful year in many ways in spite of the challenges we faced together as a school family. I want to thank you all for the unwavering support you have given to our school and for the effort you have made to help continue your child’s education during virtual and hybrid learning. Our students made growth over the course of this year and I credit that to the hard work of our teachers along with your efforts at home. Now, more than ever, our partnership is invaluable.
If we were in school together right now, we would have had a morning meeting this morning in which we would wish our faculty and staff members who are leaving ANCS well as they take on new adventure. Let’s take a minute to do this now, and remember, once a wolf always a wolf! We will always remember you at Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School.
- Brittany-Grace Shiver is moving back home to Thomasville, GA and will continue her teaching career there.
- Tilifayea Griffin is moving on to bring diversity and equity work to a broader audience.
- Lori Shook is moving to Carey, NC and will continue her teaching career there.
- Anne Green is taking on a new adventure of managing a gymnastics and cheerleading gym.
- Kristin Traina is moving on to find new challenges and adventures in Atlanta.
- Ashley Deck is moving to Asheville, NC to live out her dream of opening a store that hires and supports adults with cognitive disabilities.
We celebrated each of these individuals and our hybrid support staff in our weekly faculty meeting this morning. We all wish we could say goodbye in person to all of our students and faculty and staff on the last day of school, but are so happy that we have been able to enjoy teaching and learning in-person together for about half the year.
By now you should have information from your teachers regarding the end-of-the-year celebrations that are happening this Friday. Our teachers are creative and have thought of some cool ways to end this year in a fun and positive way.
Report cards will be sent home via email on Friday. Your child’s MAP report and a letter explaining the report will accompany the report card. Please know that due to virtual teaching, we did not get to as many standards as we do in a typical year. The grades you will see on your child’s report are based on a truncated curriculum. Preliminary Milestones score are trickling in, but we won’t have full reports available to share until August.
Please continue to look for information from the school beyond this week and throughout the summer. We will keep you all informed with any pertinent information as we receive it regarding next year’s schedule and the beginning of the school year.
For now I just want to thank you for a memorable year. I hope you have a safe and happy summer. I am wishing you all well!