Dear ANCS Families,
To start this week’s letter I want to give a HUGE shout out to Que’Ana Jackson, our Performing Arts teacher and Drama Director, for the amazing production of The Nutcracker Prince over the weekend. It is always so much fun to see the kids on stage, often showing us a new side that we don’t get to see on a daily basis. We’re so proud of the actors, crew and the student director, Zoe, for making this production a success. Behind the scenes, Zach Moore helped with the lights, sound, and all things tech to make the show happen. We look forward to the musical production in the spring!
Around this time of year for as long as I can remember we’ve been collecting goods to share with those in need. This year is no different except that we are working with a new organization this year. After the McFeeley Advisory spent some time with the Midtown Assistance Center (MAC) and decided they wanted to sponsor this year’s drive in partnership with MAC. The McFeeley crew made an announcement last Wednesday and put some collection boxes in the hallway but they are almost completely empty so we need your help. The most needed items are listed below and we ask that every family who is able send a couple of items to support MAC by Thursday, December 19:
- Canned Tuna, Salmon and Chicken
- Beef Stew
- Vienna Sausages
- Mac & Cheese
- Baked Beans
- Pork & Beans
- Peanut Butter
- Pancake Mix
- Protein Bars
- Canned fruit, in juice or water
- Canned Spinach, Sweet Potatoes or other vegetables
- Cooking Oil
- Laundry Detergent
- Dish soap
- Adult sized new gloves
You have probably already heard that the Zombie Prom is this Friday from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. This is one of the kids’ favorite events during the year and our hope is for many students to attend! Here are a few important things to know about the Zombie Prom:
- The event is for current ANCS Middle Campus students only.
- Tickets for the event are $5 per person.
- Advance tickets will be on sale this week during lunches and tickets bought in advance include a slice of pizza and a drink.
- Snacks will be sold during the event.
- Costumes are welcomed, but not required.
- School rules will apply, including dress code requirements and phone use policy.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the event early without being checked out by a parent or guardian.
- At 9:00 pm, students will be dismissed to go home. Students will not be allowed to walk home without an adult.
Finally, please remember that the Middle Campus has a noon dismissal on Friday, December 20. We will not have After Care or any after school activities on that day so please be sure to make arrangements for your child to either be picked up or know that they should walk or bike home at noon.
Wishing you well,