Dear ANCS Families and Friends,
You may have noticed that our front office is getting a facelift this week. Thank you to the PTCA for financially supporting this project, to Robert Ross for the plan, and to Jim Kessenich for making everything happen on the ground. The work will be finished just in time for Santina Cambor’s return from maternity leave in January. Come by to see it and join us in welcoming Santina back.
Tonight we will have the Fall Sports Banquet, where we will celebrate all of the participants in Flag Football, Flag Football Cheer, and Cross Country. We are looking forward to honoring our Fall sports Wolves for their accomplishments this year. Thanks to Kerrie Hall for organizing the banquet and for all of her hard work as the Athletic Director. Our basketball season continues this Friday with the last games of 2014. The Basketball Wolves will take on Ivy Prep Academy at their Kirkwood Campus (1807 Memorial Drive). The girls kick things off at 6:15pm and the boys follow at 7:30pm.
On Friday our students will finish the first half of the school year by offering service to our community. Each advisory has chosen an activity for Extended Advisory Day and they will go out into the community for the afternoon after spending the morning in shortened classes. I am proud to report that our students will participate in the following service activities:
- Reading and tutoring at the elementary campus
- Working with Trees Atlanta to do plantings at the Oakland City Community Garden in southwest Atlanta
- Making holiday cards with elementary campus students for the Wounded Warrior project
- Cleaning up the Constitution Lakes Wildlife Preserve
- Packing food boxes for Action Ministries’ Feed the Hungry program
- Winterizing the community garden in Brownwood Park in East Atlanta
- Sorting and bagging donation items at the Berne Street Boys & Girls Club
- Organizing gifts for residents at the CHRIS Kids Home
- Doing general clean up, repairs, and landscaping at the middle campus
I wish each of you well as 2014 comes to a close and we welcome the beginning of 2015. We look forward to seeing all of the students again on Tuesday, January 6.