Dear ANCS Families,
I hope you are continuing to stay home, stay safe, and stay healthy! It’s hard to believe but we have just short of 2 weeks left with the kids. We are so grateful for all of the support we’ve received from the families, helping ensure that students are online, participating in sessions, and engaging in the learning happening. Hang in there with us as we speed toward the end of the school year. We miss you and appreciate you!
If you had a chance to watch my video on the HOWL platform, posted Monday morning, some of the information in this letter will be familiar to you. It’s even more important than usual for us to share information with you via multiple platforms so we can each take it in the best way for us. If you did watch the video, be sure to continue reading because there is some new news to be shared toward the end of this letter.
As we wrap up the school year, there are several very important dates to remember. All Middle Campus students will continue online learning through Friday, May 15 and all Middle Campus Celebrations will take place on Monday, May 18. A few of the details for the end of the year are different for the 8th grades so I’ve separated this part of the letter into two sections
8th Grade information
- Last day of online learning – Friday, May 15
- Advisory Virtual Celebrations – Monday, May 18 at 2:00pm
- 8th Grade Virtual Celebration – Monday, May 18 at 4:00pm (We are asking that families keep the block open between 4pm and 7pm on this day. More to come on that!)
- Chromebook return – stay tuned for dates and times. This will be coordinated with pick-up of t-shirts being supplied by PTCA and a special memento from teachers and staff.
6th/7th Grade Information
- Last day of online learning – Friday, May 15
- Advisory Virtual Celebrations – Monday, May 18 at either 10:00 am or 12:00 pm (Advisors will share more information)
- Returning students will keep their chromebooks until we are back in school next year. If your child is not returning next year, we will coordinate chromebook return with the pick-up information in the next bullet.
- Summer reading and t-shirt pick-up – stay tuned for more details on this. The school is ordering t-shirts and summer reading books for all students. Students will be completing a form tomorrow (Thursday) in Advisory to make their selections so please check in with them about their book choices and t-shirt sizes.
While we continue to work on closing out this school year in a meaningful way, we are also already gearing up for next year. As is often the case, a new school year brings changes to our beloved group of teachers and staff at the Middle Campus. You may have already heard from your child that Mrs. Schoer and Mr. Stroble will not be returning next year. We have absolutely loved having both of these teachers as part of our school family and are going to miss them greatly. We look forward to staying in touch with them and hearing about their next adventures. Wishing Mrs. Schoer and Mr. Stroble well!
In the life of a school, replacing teachers usually means that we welcome brand new faces to our school family. This year, that’s not exactly the case. We are happy to welcome Josh Feng back to the school family full time as the 7th/8th I&S teacher for next year. Some of you may remember Mr. Feng as he served in the role of long-term substitute for Mrs. Schoer earlier this semester during her maternity leave. The other person joining our subject area teaching ranks is Santina Cambor, our new 6th/7th I&S teacher. Santina, as most of you know, has been the backbone of our school family for years and her true passion, her lifelong dream, has always been to be a teacher. She has been an advisor and AGP teacher for the past several years and we are so excited for her to share her love of history and social sciences with the students next year.
As you might imagine, finding a new Office Manager is going to be a big task for us. I’m trying not to think of this as finding a “new Santina” because filling her shoes will be impossible. This week we will be posting a job description and application on the Careers page of our website. Most of you have interacted with Santina in the role of Office Manager so we’re hoping you might know someone who is the just right fit to fill this role. If you have someone special in mind, please encourage that person to complete the application online and feel free to email me with the person’s name and a little bit about why you think he or she would be a great addition to our team.
I think that’s all for now. Please continue to keep an eye out for news from school as we close out the year.
Wishing you well,