Dear ANCS Families and Friends,
I hope you are enjoying this springtime weather and are ready for the big push to the end of this school year. It was great seeing so many of you at Family Reading Night last night. Thanks to Jessica Shelley and Veleta Greer for organizing that for all of us. Additionally, I want to thank those of you who have given to our Annual Campaign. We are in the middle of our Gather and Grow Fund week, so if you haven’t yet given to our school, now is a great time to do so. Any amount you are able to give is welcome and appreciated.
As I discussed in an earlier courier letter, Milestones testing begins next Wednesday and continues until May 15th. Once this is over, our school will be able to return to its schedule and begin all the excitement of wrapping up this school year with our annual picnic, portfolio shares, field day and celebrations. There is still a lot to do before May 24th.
Please go ahead and mark your calendars for all the upcoming events.
- Wednesday, May 1st – Wednesday, May 15th Milestones testing will be taking place for our 3rd-5th graders. Please remember that no visitors are allowed in the building during the administration each day.
- Saturday, May 4th is Run With The Wolves. You can find more information and register on our website. Hope you will be able to join us!
- Tuesday, May 14th is annual PTCA sponsored school picnic. Chef Bradley is providing fried chicken, mac & cheese and all the fixings for a fun evening. See the courier for more information. This is also our last PTCA meeting of the year.
- Thursday, May 16th is the first grade portfolio share from 8:30 to 10:45.
- Friday, May 17th the kindergarten will have its portfolio share from 8:45 to 9:30, 2nd grade’s portfolio share is from 10:00 to 11:00 and 4th grade will have its portfolio share from 11:30 to 12:30.
- Monday, May 20th is field day for K-5th! Do you want to volunteer? Just reach out to Kerrie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, May 21 is the fifth grade portfolio share throughout the day.
- Wednesday, May 22nd is the third grade portfolio share from 10:15 to 11:30.
- Thursday, May 23rd is the 5th grade and the 8th grade celebrations, which will take place at Maynard Jackson High School beginning at 5:30.
- Thursday, May 24th is the last day of school! We will have an 11:30 dismissal and report cards will be sent home with your child. There is no after school programing at ANCS on this day.
As you can see, we will be very busy over the next five weeks! Please help us to be good neighbors by being mindful of where you are parking as you are visiting the school for various reasons. We hope to see you at as many of these events as possible!
As always, I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Have a wonderful remainder of your week!
Wishing you well,