Dear ANCS Families and Friends,
I can’t believe we are in the middle of our last week of school! It has been a wonderful year in many ways in spite of the last couple challenging months. Again, I want to thank you all for the unwavering support you have given to our school and for the effort you have made to help continue your child’s education during the school closure. Now, more than ever, our partnership is invaluable.
If we were in school together right now, we would have had a morning meeting this morning in which we would wish our faculty and staff members who are leaving ANCS well as they venture into new jobs and experiences. Let’s take a minute to do this now, and remember, once a wolf always a wolf! We will always remember you at Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School.
- Ms. Grundy is moving on to explore new teaching opportunities in another school.
- Ms. Marzullo will be working as a lead teacher in another school system next year.
- Ms. Sundmark is going to begin the adventure of grad school to obtain her Ph.D. in school psychology.
- Ms. Roberts will be staying home with her new baby next year.
- Ms. Duke is moving on to explore new teaching opportunities in another school.
- Ms. Randall will be exploring new opportunities in the field of social justice in education.
- Ms. Gulson will be working with her dog, Juno, to become a therapy dog.
We all wish we could say goodbye in person. We will be celebrating these folks during our last faculty meeting next Wednesday – all virtually, of course. Also, if you missed our final song, here is the video Ms. Wawerna compiled for us. Thank you Ms. Wawerna! Also, Ms. Daniel and Mrs. Paez created a fun family field day plan for all of us. Enjoy and play fair!
By now you should have information from your teachers regarding the end-of-the-year celebrations that are happening this Friday. Our teachers are creative and have thought of some fun ways to end this year in a fun and positive way. We hope you are available to join your child and his/her class.
Please continue to look for information from the school beyond this week and throughout the summer. We will be sharing details for how to pick up your summer reading book, yearbook and t-shirts very soon. Additionally, we will keep you all informed with any other pertinent information as we receive it regarding the roof project at the EC and the beginning of next school year.
For now I just want to thank you for a wonderful year. I hope you have a safe and happy summer. I am wishing you all well!