I’ve mentioned the upcoming Arts trips a few times recently and the trips are finally here! Sixth and eighth graders will take their trips this week and seventh grade will go next week. If you haven’t sent $5 to us for this trip please consider doing so. We pay by invoice so it’s fine to send it after the trip happens. We are happy to take cash or check in the main office or you can pay online using this link (scroll down to Middle Campus Arts Field Trips).
On Thursday, December 12 and Friday, December 13 we will be administering the Georgia Student Health Survey 2.0 (GSHS2) through all Physical and Health Education classes. As a Georgia public school we are required to administer this survey each year. As part of this process, we are asked to provide additional information to parents and guardians, including access to the survey questions, as well as the opportunity for parents to opt their children out of taking this survey. Information about the survey and a link to the questions can be found here. If you wish to opt your child out of this process, please contact your child’s teacher, Nura Goodson or Alina Hinton, in email or by sending a note no later than Friday, December 6.
On Monday our students will show gratitude to our community through service as the Thanksgiving season begins. Each Advisory has chosen an activity for Extended Advisory Day and will be heading out into the community for the afternoon after spending the morning in shortened classes. I am proud to share that our students will participate in service around our community in some of the ways listed below:
- Working with Grant Park Conservatory
- Weeding, planting and painting in the ANCS Media Center courtyard
- Cleaning the Brownwood Park creek
- Maintenance and clean-up at the Atlanta Community Food Bank garden
- Sorting and packing with Books for Africa
- Making deportation backpacks for El Refugio
- Making arts and crafts and playing games with seniors at Auburn Senior Center
- Garden maintenance and reading to preschoolers at Kidzz First
- Providing companionship to the elderly at Oasis at Scholars Landing
- Making and delivering door snacks to Midtown Alliance Center
- Activities with seniors at Sunrise of Decatur
- Morning Sandwich Service Assistance for Church of Immaculate Conception
Finally, we’ve set a date for our first school dance of the year and we shared it with the kids this morning in Morning Meeting. Though Halloween has come and gone, we do have a Friday the 13th coming up soon so we’re sticking with the theme of Zombie Prom. The Student Council will sponsor this year’s Zombie Prom on Friday, December 13 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. We’ll talk more with the kids about the details as the date gets closer and will send follow up info to you as well.
Wishing you well,