Dear ANCS Families and Friends,
Hopefully by now, you have heard quite a bit about “Alice’s Adventures at the Wonderball”, this year’s theme for the ANCS Annual Auction. The event will take place this Saturday, March 7, 5:00pm-11:00pm at the Georgia Freight Depot. You can find out everything you need to know at the event’s website. Below, I’ve included a few pieces of general information:
- Tickets are $25 each and can be purchased online or in person (see website for more details about in-person purchasing opportunities).
- Half-price tickets are available to families at either campus who qualify for free or reduced lunch. For more information contact Kari Lovell at email@example.com or 404-624-6226 x 240.
- All proceeds from the event go to the ANCS Annual Campaign.
- Included with your price of admission is delicious food from Endive Catering and live music from the 80s pop band, Electric Avenue.
- In addition to great food and entertainment, there is an auction (mobile bidding allowed), a wine pull, and an exciting character-themed paddle raffle for great baskets.
At last year’s Auction, Joe Vatalaro was the lucky recipient of Principal for a Day, purchased by his parents. At this week’s Morning Meeting, Joe announced the chosen events for his day at the helm. Principal Joe is granting a hat day for all on Friday and will be interrupting classes all day long to allow students to have some extra “play” time outside. Let’s hope the weather is beautiful and clear for us! Classes will get to choose from a variety of activities to play, including kickball, soccer, basketball, Frisbee, and football. Joe and several friends will also enjoy a delicious pizza lunch ordered in during his “working lunch”. If your child would like to plan a day of fun next year at the Middle Campus, be sure to bid on Principal for a Day at Saturday’s live auction.
In addition to the Auction, we have a few other events coming up this week. On Thursday, March 5, we will have our second Middle Campus Information Session for families interested in attending ANCS for the 2015-16 year. The session begins at 6:30pm and is preceded by optional building tours beginning at 6:00pm. Please encourage interested families to attend this event to learn more about the Middle Campus.
The basketball teams close out their regular seasons this week with games tonight (both teams) and Friday night (boys only). The girls will definitely be in the playoffs on Saturday, currently seeded #2 but could move up to a tie for #1. A strong finish for the boys will have them there as well. Playoff information will be announced once all games are completed on Friday night. Go Wolves!
Wishing you well,