Run with the Wolves Participant Info
We’re excited to have you join us for a morning of fun, fitness, and community!
Race Date: Saturday, May 6, 2023
Location: ANCS Middle School campus – 820 Essie Ave 30316. All of the race activity (start/finish, registration, awards, etc.) takes place on Eastwood Ave. behind the building.
Start Times: The 5K begins at 8:15 am and the 1 mile begins at 9 am.
In Case of Rain: The Run with the Wolves will be held rain or shine, however, if there is lightning on race morning, the start of the race may be delayed. If necessary, any updates will be communicated via email and social media.
RACE BAG, BIB, AND/OR T-SHIRT PICK UP:
Pick up your bag at one of the times and locations below before race day to help the event run more smoothly.
- Thursday, May 4 from 2pm-6pm at ANCS elementary campus (688 Grant St 30315)
- Friday, May 5 from 7:30am-8:30am at ANCS elementary campus (688 Grant St 30315)
- Friday, May 5 from 2:30pm-4:30pm at ANCS middle campus (820 Essie Ave 30316)
- Saturday, May 6 (race day) from 7am-8am at ANCS middle campus (820 Essie Ave 30316)
GETTING TO THE RACE:
- Run with the Wolves is held in a residential neighborhood in Ormewood Park, so parking is limited. Please be respectful of neighbors when parking–don’t block driveways.
- We encourage you to carpool or use Uber/Lyft. For GPS or rideshare, use 820 Essie Ave 30316.
- Walking or biking to the event is a great way to warm up. You can also take the #4 or #832 MARTA bus close to the start line.
- Please note that there will be some lane/road closures around the course so give yourself plenty of time to get to the race.
- View the course map on the event website .
- Run with the Wolves is an official qualifying event for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race!
- Please note there will be one water station along the course at the 2-mile mark.
- Following the race, all runners can grab a water, fruit, and granola bar from the snack table.
- King of Pops will be on hand if you’d like to purchase a popsicle using cash, card, or mobile pay (and if an ANCS student grabs a “wolf tail” off of one of the ANCS teachers running with one, they can trade in the wolf tail for a free popsicle!).
- All students who complete the 1 mile or 5K races will receive a Run with the Wolves finisher medal.
- At around 9:30 a.m. there will be a free 200 meter “Pup Run” for any preschoolers who would like to participate.
- The awards ceremony will be held after the Pup Run.
- The top 3 runners in each age group for both the 1 mile and 5K races will receive a gold, silver, or bronze medal handmade by clients at Skyland Trail.
- The top overall male, female, and non-binary finisher of the 5K will each receive a gift card from Grant Park Coffeehouse (soon opening a new location in Grant Park) as well as a running hat and socks from rnnr.
- Volunteer before or after the race to help us put on a great community event! Sign up here
- We need more people to take pictures during the event (your cell phone is fine!)
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- We will have a first aid station at the event as well as two medics on hand along the course in the event you should need assistance.
- If you wake up on race morning and aren’t feeling well, please stay home! You can still wear that Run with the Wolves t-shirt with pride knowing you helped to keep the community safe.
T-SHIRT SALES AND EXCHANGES:
- Order a race T-shirt (even if you’re not running): atlncs.org/5k
- Exchange your unworn and unwashed t-shirt for a different size (based on availability) on these dates and tines:
- Monday, May 8 from 3-4 pm at the ANCS middle campus
- Tuesday, May 9 from 7:45-8:45 am at the ANCS elementary campus.
Thank you for your support and enthusiasm for the 2023 Run with the Wolves! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A big thank you to the ANCS PTCA and to our sponsors for helping us with this year’s Run with the Wolves!