Students participating in the After School program must be preregistered. Registration for March 8th – April 2nd closes at noon on Friday, March 5th.
In order to follow the CDC guidelines, we will be limiting the number of students in After School. We will schedule staff for only the registered number of students. Please note: It may be necessary for students to be combined within grade levels. Also we no longer offer drop in attendance. Students not picked up at dismissal will not be included in After School. We will practice all social distance requirements set by the school and students must wear a mask at all times.
After School is available to all students who are in attendance for in-person learning. Please only sign up for the days that your cohort is physically in the building. Please reserve a spot through SignUpGenius (links below) and make your payment via the After School Payment Portal. You must be registered and pre-pay each month. The cost of the After School program is:
- Elementary Campus: $80/week (4 days) or $20/day. Each additional child is $15.00 a day.
- Middle Campus: $60/week (4 days) or $15/day
Because we will be scheduling staff as students are registered, we will no longer roll over credit balances. You will be charged for the days you reserve.
After School Care at Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School offers students an engaging, safe and enriching environment every afternoon. We are coordinated and staffed by associate teachers, lead teachers, and interns. Time is scheduled every day for home enrichment activities, snack, recess, engaging activities, games and community building. The After School Program begins at dismissal each day (on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) and ends promptly at 5:00pm at the Elementary Campus & 5:15pm at the Middle Campus.
Late pick-up fees are $1 per minute, and $3 per minute after the second late pick-up.
SCHEDULE FOR ELEMENTARY CAMPUS
- Handwashing, snack, bathroom break
- K, 2nd, 4th: Recess
- 1st, 3rd, 5th: Classroom activity
- K, 2nd, 4th: Classroom activity
- 1st, 3rd, 5th: Recess
SCHEDULE FOR MIDDLE CAMPUS
- 3:00-3:20pm: Handwashing, snack, bathroom break
- 3:20-4:10pm: Homework
- 4:10-5:00pm: Recess
- 5:00-5:15pm: Dismissal
SIGN UP HERE
After School will be following the same disciplinary model as during the regular school day, rooted in Conscious Discipline:
ANCS follows a progressive discipline model rooted in the methodology of Conscious Discipline. Progressive discipline promotes positive student behavior, states unacceptable behavior and establishes clear and fair discipline responses for unacceptable and unsafe behavior. Disciplinary responses are administered according to the severity of the unacceptable or unsafe behavior, its impact on the school environment, the student’s age and grade level, the student’s previous discipline history and other relevant factors. We will continue to use the ANCS Code of Conduct when making disciplinary decisions.
It is imperative that students consistently follow expectations in order to keep our school community safe. Given that COVID-19 presents a different set of challenges in our current environment disciplinary responses related specifically to COVID-19 safety measures at ANCS are outlined below:
- Level 1: Students who do not comply with properly wearing a mask and/or maintaining a safe distance will be reminded by the teacher or adult how to correctly wear their face mask and the impact that mask-wearing has on the health and safety of our community.
- Level 2: If the student continues to not properly wear their face mask and/or maintain a safe distance after being reminded by the classroom teacher or other staff member, a school administrator will discuss the purpose of wearing face masks at school with the student and call the parent or caregiver to participate in this discussion.
- Level 3: If the student continues to not wear their mask properly and/or maintain a safe distance after working with an administrator, the parent or caregiver will be called to pick up their child. The child will then engage in virtual learning for a time period to be determined by the school administration.
Note: Intentional unsafe behavior such as removing another student’s mask, intentionally coughing or otherwise intentionally spraying droplets on other students, or other intentional behaviors may result in a student immediately being sent home. The child will then engage in virtual learning for a time period to be determined by the school administration.