Atlanta Public Schools’ quarantine protocols are included below:
|Who Needs to Quarantine After Exposure to a Positive Case?||Who Doesn’t Need to Quarantine After Exposure?|
What Counts as Close Contact?
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
How Long does the Quarantine Last?
- In collaboration with Fulton County Board of Health, Health Services will advice on how long quarantines should last, based on local conditions and needs.
- School Nurses will address individual student and staff exposure cases. Whole class and whole school exposures will be addressed by the Health Services Director.
- Students/Staff may return from quarantine:
- After day 10 without testing
- After day 7 after receiving a negative test result (test must occur on day 5 or later)
- After stopping quarantine, individuals should contine to watch for symptoms until 14 days after exposure
Source: CDC, 2021