Early Dismissal on Last Day of School
As a reminder, the last day of school is Friday, May 26th. Dismissal will take place at 11:30am at the Elementary Campus and 12pm at the Middle Campus. AfterCare will not be offered. Please let your student’s teacher know if there is a change in their normal dismissal routine.
EC Dismissal Instructions
Dismissal on the last day will be very busy. We have a plan to make it less overwhelming for our students and are relying on each of you to help. Here are our last-day-of-school guidelines and procedures.
- Make sure you know your dismissal number. We will not dismiss students without a number.
- In addition to communicating with your child’s teachers, make sure your child knows what the plan is for the last day. Will they walk home on their own, be a car rider, or get picked up as a walker? Will someone else be picking them up? Knowing this will help to alleviate any nervousness about getting home on the last day.
- Please leave your dogs/pets at home on this day. The front yard will be very crowded with parents/guardians and we don’t want to add to the chaos. Plus, we have quite a few students who are afraid of dogs.
- We will have designated pick up sections on the front yard for K & 1st, 2nd & 3rd and 4th & 5th. Each section will have a sign and a staff member to take your child’s dismissal number.
- If you have more than one student, go to the section of the younger student. The older child will meet you there. We will discuss this with all students next week.
- As we did earlier this year, Kindergarten and first grade students will exit the building through the doors by the library, 2nd and 3rd grade students will exit the building through the front doors and 4th and 5th grade students will exit the building through the Pavillion Street doors. This will help with the flow of students.
- All students who walk home independently will exit the building through the Pavillion Street doors.
- Once you connect with your student(s), please leave the grounds. We love the community, but we are trying to dismiss 396 students quickly and safely and the less crowded the yard is, the better.
Thank you in advance for helping us have a safe and smooth dismissal on the last day. We appreciate all you do to support our school family.