Summer reading books for students are on the way home soon. Elementary Campus teachers have chosen a book for grades K-5 and middle campus students have made their selections from a curated list. ANCS has purchased books for ALL students. If you would like to donate towards the school’s cost for book purchases, please make a donation to the Gather & Grow Fund here.
Elementary Campus Book Selections:
- Rising Kindergarten: Queen of Kindergarten by Derrick Barnes
- Rising First Grade: Let’s Talk About Race by Julius Lester
- Rising Second Grade: Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson
- Rising Third Grade: What Do You Do With a Problem by Kobi Yamada
- Rising Fourth Grade: El Deafo by Cece Bell
- Rising Fifth Grade: When Stars Are Scattered by Omar Mohamed and Victoria Jamieson
Middle Campus Book Selections:
- Ground Zero by Alan Gratz
- The Last Cuentista by Donna Barba Higuera
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
- Too Bright to See by Kyle Lukoff
- Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You by Jason Reynolds & Ibram X. Kendi (Additional Book for Rising 7th & 8th Graders)
- Our ANCS families are invited to read this book together – a remixed and condensed version of the original (Stamped from the Beginning) targeted for young people.