In the fall of 2013, the ANCS Governing Board formed a strategic planning committee co-chaired by a member of the board and the school’s Executive Director and composed of members of the faculty/staff, PTCA, and board. This committee worked with an outside consultant to conduct a needs assessment, analyze the assessment, and draft a preliminary three-year strategic plan for ANCS. The final draft of the strategic plan and key initiatives for the 2014-15 school year will be posted no later than October of 2014.
On August 21, 2014, at the annual “state of the school” meeting, ANCS Executive Director Matt Underwood provided an overview of the proposed strategic plan initiatives. A video of the meeting, the presentation slides, and the draft of the strategic plan are all accessible below:
- Video from 8/21/14 “State of the School” meeting
- “State of the School Meeting” presentation slides
- Draft of ANCS Strategic Plan
In addition to faculty and staff feedback, ANCS parents also have several opportunities to provide feedback on the strategic plan draft:
Parent feedback survey: https://www.
Listening sessions: There are several listening sessions scheduled to provide in-person feedback on the draft plan:
- Tuesday, 9/2/14 from 4-5 PM in the middle campus media center
- Friday, 9/5/14 from 8:15-9:15 AM in the elementary campus cafeteria
- Tuesday, 9/9/14 from 6:30-7:30 PM during the monthly PTCA meeting (held at elementary campus)