For parents & guardians who need a later pick-up time, our AfterCare program offers a safe and nurturing environment for students after school at both campuses.
- Start date: August 2nd (first day of school)
- Cost per day: Elementary Campus – $20 for the first student, $15 for each sibling; Middle Campus – $15 per student
- Operating hours: From dismissal until 6pm
We were able to waive AfterCare fees for the first time ever last year, but we are unable to continue to absorb those costs. Financial assistance will be provided for any family who needs it. Flexible scheduling will remain a feature of the program, allowing you to reserve slots based on your family’s needs. We have planned ahead to help ensure adequate staffing to meet demand, and the AfterCare staff has worked to add some enrichment options for interested students.
If you have any questions, please contact Carol Keller or Kelly Dennis or at the Elementary Campus or Santina Cambor at the Middle Campus.
AfterCare Policies & Procedures
- Elementary AfterCare Schedule:
- 2:45pm – 3:00pm: Snack (provided by AfterCare) & Restroom
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: Recess/Home Enrichment* or Silent Reading
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Workshop Activities
- 5:00pm – 5:30pm: Recess
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm: Clean-up & Quiet Time
- Middle AfterCare Schedule:
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: Check-in, Snack, Homework, Office Hours
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Enrichment Block
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm: Free Play/Additional Homework Time
- Playball and Chess Club programs are available at the Elementary Campus for an additional cost.
- Elementary students will be grouped by grade level.
- The staff ratio is 1:20.
- Our staff maintains our school’s approach to learning and discipline, including Conscious Discipline, our Guiding Principles and the five elements of our mission. We assist students with homework assignments and create daily activities that engage the whole child. We closely monitor and supervise students and maintain a positive, safe environment. Students must behave appropriately within these ratios. Repeated discipline problems will result in a student not being allowed to participate in the AfterCare program.
- Pick-up: Park in front of school and come to front door. Please ring bell and proceed to the front desk to have your child called and sign them out.
- Please note that the program closes promptly at 6:00 at both campuses. A late fee of $1.00 per minute, per student, will be charged starting at 6:01. On the third incident of late pick-up, the fees increase to $3.00 per minute, per student. Excessive late pick-ups may result in a student not being allowed to attend the AfterCare program.
*Home enrichment is the term used for “homework” at the Elementary Campus.
- The cost for AfterCare is: Elementary Campus – $20 for the first student, $15 for each sibling; Middle Campus – $15 per student
- We ask that you prepay for AfterCare. Statements will be sent at the end of the month. If you have a balance, your card will be charged for the days used on the 10th of the following month.
- A limited number of scholarships are available. You can download an application HERE.
- ANCS provides an area for the students to place their belongings. We strongly recommend that children do not bring any toys, electronic equipment or games, unless specifically requested for an activity. There is also a lost and found area to claim items left at school.
- Students may not use cell phones at AfterCare.
- Students may not attend the AfterCare Program if they are ill. Arrangements must be made for immediate pick-up if you are called.
- Please keep staff informed of any changes of contact information and updated on any
significant changes at home that might affect your child.
- If medication needs to be distributed, please contact the nurse so that arrangements can be made.
- Students may only be signed in at dismissal. Students may not be signed back in once they have left the campus.