Health & Wellness Protocols
The health and safety of our students and faculty/staff are top priorities. We work to maintain a learning environment that considers the intellectual, social-emotional, and physical well-being of our school family.
- Vaccination and Infection Status: Parents & caregivers are encouraged use this form to inform the school of their student’s vaccination and infection status for the purpose of determining quarantine requirements following identification of a positive case at school.
- Testing: Neighborhood Charter will continue to provide weekly COVID-19 surveillance testing through a partnership with Viral Solutions. If you would like to have your child participate in weekly surveillance testing, a link to a quick and easy virtual consent form is included here. You will only be notified if the result is positive or if your student is directly impacted.
- Masks Optional: We will continue to have an optional mask protocol for all faculty, staff, students, and visitors, with the exception of recently positive students/staff (must wear a well-fitting mask for 10 days after testing positive). We can provide surgical grade masks to any student who would like to wear one.
- Quarantine Guidance: Atlanta Public Schools (APS) has prepared Quarantine and Isolation Protocols that include specific details on who needs to quarantine after exposure to a positive COVID-19 case and who doesn’t need to quarantine after exposure.
- Safety and Cleaning: We will continue to have two (2) medical grade HEPA air purifiers in every classroom. Water fountains at the elementary campus will be used only for filling water bottles. Make sure to send your child to school with a water bottle.
Student Health Profile
Please update or complete your child’s Health Profile in SchoolDoc by August 8th. By now you should have received an email from SchoolDoc.com with instructions on how to complete your student’s Health Profile. If your student was enrolled at ANCS during the 2021-2022 school year, your SchoolDoc login and password will remain the same for the upcoming school year. If you are new to ANCS this year you will receive an invitation email to set up your account and you will be able to complete the Health Profile. If you do not see an email from SchoolDoc in your inbox, please check your spam folders. Your student’s Health Profile should be completed and submitted by August 8th.
Medications at School
If your student has a severe allergy (food, insect, etc) that requires the use of an emergency epinephrine injector, please notify Nurse Hicks (EC) or Nurse Leslye (MC) and please send that rescue medication in with your student. All emergency medications are kept in the classroom for quick access and travel with the student throughout the building, as necessary. All ANCS staff have been trained on how to use an Epipen and how to recognize the signs/symptoms of anaphylaxis.
Meals and snacks brought to school may not contain peanuts or tree nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, etc.). This list can be a helpful resource when choosing snacks and treats that are peanut and tree nut-free. Always check the nutrition label for up-to-date allergy information and ingredients. Due to the risk of cross-contamination, homemade food is not allowed to be shared. Shared food must contain a preprinted label with an ingredient list.