At ANCS, our guiding principles describe who we are and how we are to behave as members of the ANCS community:
- We come to school and every class prepared to learn and do our best
- We respect each other, our surroundings, and ourselves
- We take responsibility for our actions and learning
- We resolve conflicts in a peaceful, thoughtful, and meaningful way
- We celebrate our individual and collective successes
These guiding principles help us as a school community—students and adults alike—to create a tone of decency and trust within our school. They provide the basis for clear and consistent expectations about what is acceptable at our school. We make time to acknowledge and recognize students, teachers, and parents who exemplify these guiding principles. As well, appropriate consequences and interventions are given to those who struggle to consistently follow these guiding principles.
For a more complete description of how these guiding principles work in action, please read the ANCS Student Code of Conduct.