The Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School (ANCS) Governing Board of Directors is now beginning its annual process for identifying new governing board members who will begin their term in July 2021. We seek to fill up to four slots with new board members who will be dedicated volunteers, understand and respect our unique school culture, and reflect the wonderful diversity of our community.
We desire a board that embodies the school’s mission, vision, and values, and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We encourage applications from a broad spectrum of the Atlanta community and value a range of viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
What is the ANCS Governing Board of Directors?
The governing board is the school’s legal representative body. It is responsible for the fiscal health of the school as well as establishing, monitoring, and evaluating the policies and performance of the school.
What are the responsibilities of Board members?
- Promote the school’s mission, vision, and values
- Support the school’s fundraising goals
- Regularly attend all monthly board meetings and other board functions (e.g., committee or subcommittee meetings, board training, planning sessions)
- Chair a board committee or subcommittee or serve as an officer of the board
- Serve as a positive force within the school and as an ambassador for the school within the community
- Partner with the Executive Director to ensure adherence to legal, ethical, and fiscal standards
- Serve a three year term
What do I do if I am interested in becoming an ANCS Governing Board member?
- Explore the ANCS website to learn more about the school.
- Review the board’s structure and policies, which can be found here.
- Complete an online application no later than 1/29/2021
What is the application process?
- Applications will be reviewed and selected candidates will be interviewed by the Board Nominations Task Force in late February/early March
- The Task Force will present a recommended slate of nominees for full board approval no later than the June board meeting
- New board members will begin their term July 2021 and are expected to serve until June 2024
Please consider whether you or someone in our community may be interested in applying to serve on the ANCS Governing Board. Our school family heavily relies on the dedication and support of the community to serve on the Governing Board. Thank you for your consideration. Contact Kristi Malloy, Board Nominations Task Force Chair, for questions.