Interested in serving on the Board of Directors at Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School? The Nominations Task Force is accepting Expression of Interest applications, and we look forward to hearing from you. This application is the first step in the nomination process. A schedule of events is posted below. Please note: some of these dates may have to change. We will keep all candidates informed through email.
If you would like to chat with a current board member about your interest in applying, please email Angela Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School (ANCS) Governing Board of Directors is now beginning its annual process for identifying new governing board members who will begin their term in July 2023. We are seeking new board members who will be dedicated volunteers, understand and respect our unique school culture, and reflect the wonderful diversity of our community.
We desire a board that embodies the school’s mission, vision, and values, and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We encourage applications from a broad spectrum of the Atlanta community and value a range of viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
What is the ANCS Governing Board of Directors?
The governing board is the school’s legal representative body. It is responsible for the fiscal health of the school as well as establishing, monitoring, and evaluating the policies and performance of the school.
What are the responsibilities of Board members?
- Promote the school’s mission, vision, and values
- Support the school’s fundraising goals
- Regularly attend all monthly board meetings and other board functions (e.g., committee or subcommittee meetings, board training, planning sessions)
- Chair a board committee or subcommittee or serve as an officer of the board
- Serve as a positive force within the school and as an ambassador for the school within the community
- Partner with the Executive Director to ensure adherence to legal, ethical, and fiscal standards
- Serve a three year term
What do I do if I am interested in becoming an ANCS Governing Board member?
- Explore the ANCS website to learn more about the school.
- Review the board’s structure and policies, which can be found here.
- Complete the online application no later than 2/10/2022.
What is the application process?
- The application process has changed in order to make expressing your interest easier. We’ve also included a wider range of professional and personal skills that benefit the work we do on the board. So, if you previously thought you weren’t qualified to apply because you weren’t sure how your skills fit with our needs, look at the new application! Below is an at-a-glance look at the important dates for this nominations cycle.
Please consider whether you or someone in our community may be interested in applying to serve on the ANCS Governing Board. Application link for the new cycle will be available on January 10th. Our school family heavily relies on the dedication and support of the community to serve on the Governing Board. Thank you for your consideration. Contact Angela Christie, Board Nominations Task Force Chair, for questions.