Hello Middle Campus Families!
We are looking forward to seeing you all at Meet the School Family Night on Thursday, September 7th. The evening has a drop-in format from 6:30-8:00 pm so you can come during any time within that window. Below are some other important details about the evening:
- The focus of Meet the School Family Night is for you to have some face time with your student’s teachers. Our teachers have recorded videos about themselves and their classes so that you can learn more about them prior to arriving on Thursday. You should have received an email from Principal Sanders yesterday evening with a link to the videos. Reach out to him at email@example.com if you did not.
- Please watch the teacher videos before you arrive so you have a headstart on getting to know the teachers. We estimate it should take you 30-45 minutes to watch the intro video from Dr. Woody-Wideman and I, watch your child’s 8 subject area videos, and review the FAQs document. If you have a 7th grader be sure to ask them for their teacher names if you don’t already know them. Since almost everyone teaches 7th grade, knowing your students’ teachers’ names will be helpful in choosing the correct videos.
- Meet the School Family Night is a drop-in event from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. There is no opening or closing gathering or presentation so come whenever you can. It will be helpful to us for families to spread their arrivals across the 90 minutes rather than all coming at the beginning or the end.
- The event is outside in The Backyard. Please enter through the back gate on Eastwood Avenue. The building entrances will not be open.
- Masks are optional.
- Feel free to bring your middle school children and children of other ages as well if you need to. They will need to stay with you, but all are welcome. There will NOT be recess equipment outside for students to play with. We want to keep everyone safe given that people will be walking around and we don’t want people to run into playing children.
- Another VERY IMPORTANT note. This is not an individual conference event. Be sure to share the available time with other parents as you are getting to know your child’s teachers and advisor(s). If you would like to have an in-depth conversation with a teacher please reach out to them directly to set that up for another time.
As always, please reach out if you have questions.